Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mexico Vacation, Part 1: Cuernavaca

Leaves
 
Today was our first day back from a short Mexico vacation and I wish we could have stayed another week or year.
 
Us in Chapultepec
Under the Arch

Our first stop was in Cuernavaca, my dad’s hometown. It had been eight whole years since my last visit, but everything was just as beautiful as I remembered.

Yellow Flower
Growing on the Wall
Pink Flowers
 
Cuernavaca is a busy fast-paced town with a tropical climate. Beautiful foliage and wildlife gets mixed into every corner of the urban landscape, adorning each apartment tower, tall stone wall, and tile façade with bright greens, pinks, and yellows.
 
Chapultepec
Chapultepec Waterfall
 
My dad told us stories about Chapultepec, a huge park around the corner from my grandparents’ house. At its peak, the park even housed lions and other exotic animals. Strolling through it felt like being on safari in a very small, very tame rainforest.
Family

The best part of the trip was spending time with family I hadn’t seen in so long.

2 comments:

angie said...

wow lily! awesome blog!!! ill visit it more often :) so happy to see how God blesses your lives!!! and my life by having friends like you both! :)

Lilly Garcia said...

I'm glad you found it! Hope its a blessing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails