Thursday, June 10, 2010

Photo of the Week

For the longest time I was constantly frustrated by my inability to capture good photos. I knew how I wanted to frame a subject, how I wanted to convey the mood of the moment, how I wanted each color to come across but I didn’t know how to actually do it. It’s like having an amazing idea for a painting but not knowing how to pain or having great song idea in your mind but not knowing how to put it to paper.

That’s why I’m so thankful for the photography class I took this quarter. Even though I worked photography jobs for a while, I was taught only what I needed to know. In studios where everything is pre-set and the camera buttons are glued down, that meant I only learned about posing and framing shots. It’s invaluable training that I’m grateful for, but it didn’t give me the creative tools to capture photos like the one below. I feel invincible now and am really looking forward to sharing a lot more photos!

Spiral Slide 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails