Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Style Idea 2

My mom has always had a collection of framed photos on her nightstand and I always loved staring at one of her and my dad laughing together at a fancy dinner. I knew they were having the time of their life and tried to memorize every detail of it. My dad wore a nice grey sweater, radiant smile, and crazy curls. Mom looked gorgeous in a black dress, fur collar, and pearl earrings. After staring a the photo for a while, I would go to her drawer chest, dig through silky scarves and jewelry boxes and dig out that beautiful fur collar. As I modeled the elegant fur in front of the mirror, I always hoped and wished my mom would walk in and tell me I could have it forever.

A couple of months ago, right before her surgery, my mom called me to her room during one of my weekly visits. She dug through her chest drawer, through scarves and jewelry boxes, pulled out that fur collar and lovingly told me it was mine. After two months, I still haven't worn it; I don't know if that's because of the value it has to me or simply because I don't know how to wear it casually. Either way, I think I'll save it for a special occasion, an occasion on which I can pair it with a dress like this.

Hot Pink Wrap Dress: $84.99 Mod Cloth

Vintage Fur Collar: $22.00 Etsy

Black Flower Brooche: $23.13 Amazon

Classic Black Pumps: $49.95 DSW

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails